STATE DISASTER MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY
GOVERNMENT OF MIZORAM
RELIEF & REHABILITATION DEPARTMENT
Dated Aizawl, the 23rd May, 2006
No.B.13011/1712006-REH: In pursuance of the provisions under Sec. 14 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the Governor of Mizoram is pleased to constitute the State Disaster Management Authority for Mizoram with the following composition with immediate and until further orders:
1. The Chief Minister - Chairperson
2. Minister, Relief & Rehabilitation - Vice-Chairperson
3. Minister, Planning & Programme Implementation - Member
4. Minister, Finance - Member
5. Minister, PHE - Member
6. Minister, Rural Development - Member
7. Minister, LAD - Member
8. Minister, Health & Family Welfare - Member
9. Minister, PWD - Member
10. Chief Secretary - Chief Executive Officer (Ex-Officio)
2. The terms of office of the State Authority shall be 3 years.
3. Powers & Functions
- Subject to the provisions of the Disaster Management Act 2005, the State Authority shall be responsible for the following:
- Lay down the state disaster management policy
- Approve the State Plan in accordance with the guidelines laid down by the National Authority
- Approve the disaster management plans prepared by the State Govt. Departments
- Lay down guidelines to be followed by the State Govt. Departments for the purpose of integration of measures for prevention of disaster and mitigation and their development plans and projects and provide necessary technical assistance therefore.
- Coordinate the implementation of the State Plan
- Recommend provision of funds for mitigation and preparedness measures
- Review the development plans of different State Govt. Departments and ensure that preventions and mitigation measures are integrated there in.
Review the measures being taken for mitigation, capacity building and preparedness by the State Govt. Departments and issue such guidelines as may be necessary.
Lay down Guidelines for providing standards of relief to persons affected by disaster in the State, provided that such standards shall be in no case be less than the minimum standards in the Guideline laid down by the National Authority
4. Subject to ex-post facto ratification by the State Authority, the chairperson shall be in case of emergency, have the power to exercise all or any of the powers of the State Authority.
5. The State Authority shall meet as and when necessary and at such place and time the Chairperson of the State Authority may think fit.
Govt of Mizoram
Memo No. B. 13011/17/2006-REH: Dated Aizawl, the 23rd May, 2006
1. Secretary to the Governor, Mizoram
2. PS to Speaker/Dy. Speaker
3. PS to Chief Minister
4. PS to all Ministers/MOS
5. All Administrative Departments.
6. All Head of Departments.
7. All Deputy Commissioners
8. Chief Executive Member, Mara Autonomous District Council, Saiha/Lai Autonomous District Council, Lawngtlai/Chakma Autonomous, District Council, Chawngte.
9. Controller, Printing & Stationery with 7 (seven) spare copies for publication in the Mizoram Gazette
Commissioner/Secretary to the Govt. of Mizoram
Relief & Rehabilitation Department